The promotional products industry is at an all-time high. Marketers are seeing now the impact promo products can have on their organization’s marketing efforts. Promotional products put your brand directly into the hands of your target audience and whatever your marketing need – from boosting brand awareness and recognition to driving trade show traffic – they can get it done.
Here are most intriguing facts that you may not know about promotional products industry. Take a look and get to know more about the power behind promo
1. Promotional products have been around for a long time
The first known promo trace back to 1789 when George Washington was elected for President. At his inauguration Washington and his supporters wore a brass clothing button that said “G.W.-Long Live the President.”
2. Consumers hang on to promo products for an average of 6 months
3. 77 % of consumers say a promo item’s usefulness is the #1 reason to keep it
Health and safety products, computer products and writing instruments are ranked as the most useful.
4. 6 out of 10 consumers keep promotional products for up to two years
5. The first promotional trade show was held in 1914 – there were 32 exhibitors
6. Wearables are the top product category, followed by writing instruments, bags, calendars and drinkware
7. 91% of consumers have at least one promotional item in their home
8. 63% of those who receive unwanted promo products pass them to someone who can use them
9. The top five buyers of promotional products are clients in education, finance, non profit, healthcare and construction
10. Fifty-three percent of the time, promo products create a more favorable impression of the advertiser